Monday, December 13, 2010

Inferno Ch2

Once again, I apologise for the wait until the next chapter. Real life is killing me right now, and it doesn't look like it'll be letting up soon.
And also, the scans aren't as good as I would like them, please deal with it for this chapter. I'll have my scanner back soon. =.=' (And if anyone has any tips on scanning, feel free to share them :D)
Having said that, I do have a little something for you today, it's the next chapter of Inferno! There's been quite a gap for this and so to refresh your memories here's the summary again.
After causing the destruction of his parents, the protagonist only lives for the sake of his younger sister and avoids other people. However, a mysterious stranger appears that calls him his master and life changed forever from this point.
Sorry for not replying to the shoutbox or the comments in a while, I really have been hard-pressed for time. Since I don't have much time, I thought I'd offer an alternative. What would you guys think if I just posted up the raws and translations without scanlating anything? I think I might be able to get that out faster. And if you guys wanted, you could take the raws and translations and make your own scanlations, as long as you let me know beforehand and give me credit for scanning and translating. And if you edit the chapter yourself then my 2-day waiting policy wouldn't apply. That's an option. Or I could just keep going with what I've been doing so far.
I'll try and scanlate the next chapter and see how long that takes me. (People who have contacted me before about helping, I'll try and send you guys an email if I decide I want help or if I'm scanning and translating only.)
What do you guys think? (there's a poll too :D)


Over Here for Chapter 2 :)

7 comments:

  1. Hmm... as for me it's not a bad solution, but mostly when you're really stuck with work/difficulties in real life and can't work on projects ^^'' Because I must say you really work fast on the them! Time between one chapter and another is rather short and I see no problem with waiting these short time. Moreover it's much easier to read manga and enjoy it while having text on the pages already than looking at two screens and getting confused. Also not everyone knows how to play with PhotoShop for ex. to typeset so it's a huge help for them to have the chapter ready just to read.
    Maybe you'd just like one or two ppl to work on some projects with you? I know you wrote that you're not looking for help but either way not working alone is always easier and pleasant ^^ I know it's not that easy to keep an eye on whole team, but having someone to help out is always a bit of relief. That's my opinion though ;3
    Anyway, if you still want to than I think the best option is to wait for your scans to be released, since it's not that long :)
    And I don't want to impose you, but if you will ever have any problems with releasing (though it's not a problem right now) than I can help out with typesetting ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you post up the raws + translation I'm willing to typeset & clean it.

    Not that I have that much time to spare. The hard part is getting translations, most ppl can do cleaning if the raws are pretty good and typesetting isn't that hard. (depends ofc on what ppl expect)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @nati-22: You're right, scanlations are better than just translations. I am thinking about the extra help, but I'm pretty bad at organising and keeping track, which is why I'm hesitating, and putting forward the option of just letting anyone take the raws and working on it themselves without me telling them to. But this is all hypothetical at this point, I'll see what my pace is with my hectic schedule and if I feel it's too slow I'll look at other options.
    @Crazy: That's nice :) Thanks for letting me know. That's what I thought too. I'm not fussy about the quality as long as it's readable.

    I'll leave the option open for people, and I'll try and scanlate the next chapter and see how long that takes me. (People who have contacted me before about helping, I'll try and send you guys an email if I decide I want help or if I'm scanning and translating only)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind waiting a couple of months for the scanlations. Some groups release a new chapter once every 6 months or so, but most people don't seem to mind >.< It's nicer than trying to read the translations and look at the raws at the same time ^^

    But if you're considering dropping Inferno altogether, then please at least post the raws and translations! I really want to see the ending!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read it in mangafox, I believe I saw a page where all the bubbles are all blank. Sorry for complaining.
    And I agree with above comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous: I hope I can finish all the series, I just don't have the time to do them all justice...
    I suppose dropping some series to focus on a few is another option, but I'd rather not drop anything unless it's absolutely necessary. And it seems that most people prefer scanlations anyway. I'm still toying with the idea of asking for more help.
    @Anonymous: Do you remember which page it was? And just on mangafox?
    Thanks for letting me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. pg 44 all the bubbles r blank

    ReplyDelete